Innovation and standardization strategies of emerging markets
- von Laer, M.;
Blind, K.; Ramel, F. (2021): Standard essential patents and global ICT
value chains with a focus on the catching-up of China. In:
Telecommincations Policy, 2021, 102110.
- “Standard-Essential Patents and the Distribution of Gains from Trade for Innovation” (F. Ramel, M. von Laer and K. Blind), in: Megaregionalism 2.0 - Trade and Innovation within Global Networks. World Scientific Publishing, edited by D. Ernst and M. G. Plummer, 2018 (ISBN: 9789813229822)
- “Why should I? – Standardization Participation of Chinese Firms” (M. von Laer), in: Standardization and Governance. Hunan university press, China, edited by J. Hou, 2017 (ISBN: 9787566714879)
"Paving the Path: Trade Effects of Standardization Participation", DRUID Asia Inaugural Conference "Asian Innovation Catching Up - Moving Ahead", Singapur, February 25th-26th 2016.
"A Dying Breed – Macroeconomic Effects of the End of the Traditional Service Firm", at the 16th Congress of the International Joseph A. Schumpeter Society, Montréal, Canada, 6th – 8th July, 2016
"Why should I - standardization participation of chinese firms", EURAS, Berlin, Germany, 28 – 30 June 2017.
"Why should I - standardization participation of chinese firms", 2nd International Symposium on Standardization and Governance, Changsha, China, October 27th 2017
"SEPs and GVCs - The Emergence of China as a Game Changer", 3rd International Symposium on Standardization and Governance, Changsha, China, June 20th 2018
"SEPs and GVCs - The Emergence of China as a Game Changer", at IP Statistics for Decision Makers, Alicante, Spain, October 23rd-24th 2018
- PhD-Student since 2013
- MSc. in International Trade, Finance and Development, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics/Universitat Pompeu Fabra, 2011
- Topic of the Masterthesis: “Microfinance in India: Should the Reserve Bank of India Introduce the Recently Proposed Regulation?”"
- BSc. Economics, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
- Erasmus: École Normale Supérieure de Cachan, 2009/10
- Associated with the Chair of Innovation Economics at the TU Berlin since 2014
- Research Assistant, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, 2011/12
- Founder and director, Laer&Laer advertising (www.chargebox.de)
- Internship, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry, 2009
- Internship, microtec systems, 2007
- Founder and Head of Council, Indo-German Young Leaders Forum e.V. (www.igylf.org)
Consulting time: by appointment